Smoking Hemp: All You Need to Know
Smoking Hemp: All You Need to Know
Things to Know
Hemp smoking is becoming a more common way to consume cannabinoids. People appear to prefer smoking hemp over using tinctures or lotions, for example, because the flower is normally raw (or has had minimal processing), whereas tinctures and lotions have been treated and contain additives. Smoking appears to be a return to the origins of it all: a basic, straightforward mode of consuming.
Hemp is allowed to own and use in the United States as long as it contains less than 0.3 percent THC, the psychoactive component that makes you high. Marijuana, which is not the same as hemp, can contain up to 30% THC and is federally prohibited; however, the legality of marijuana varies from state to state.
Ways to Smoke Hemp
Hemp may be smoked in a variety of ways:
1. Packaged hemp flower can be broken down by hand and smoked in a bong, evaporated, or rolled in a paper or blunt, for example. Urb offers a selection of packed hemp flower in 1 gramme and 3.5 gramme packets wrapped in 9-gram sleeves.
2. Hemp cigarettes are pre-made and ready to be consumed by the final user. Hemp cigarettes, like ordinary cigarettes, are sold in a 20-count package. Hemp cigarettes are manufactured from "shake," which is the bits and parts that fall off hemp flower buds, so they're not as high-quality as pre-rolled hemp joints (explained below), but they're less costly. If you're looking for hemp cigarettes, look into Lifted Made's Bum A Bud HempCigs, which come in packs or cartons.
3. Hemp pre-rolls: these are the best grade pre-rolls available. The nicest parts of the hemp flower bud are wrapped into a huge joint with a filter (usually 2-3 times larger than a hemp cigarette). Urb's pre-rolled hemp joints are made with a range of locally farmed hemp strains and are supplied in attractive six-joint sleeves created by Urb from the ground up.
4. Moon rocks are magnificent hemp flower buds that have been dipped in a broad spectrum distillate and then wrapped with hemp kief. Moon pebbles may be broken down by hand and smoked in a bong, evaporated, or rolled in a paper or blunt, much like packaged hemp flower. Try Urb's Moon Rocks, which are created with premium hemp and CBD concentrate.
5. Caviar cones: Despite its resemblance to hemp joints, caviar cones are more akin to the moon pebbles discussed before. Caviar cones are made out of hemp flower rolled in concentrate and blended with hemp kief, all rolled into a convenient joint. Urb's caviar cones are a silky combination of flower, concentration, and kief that comprise 0.8 grammes of hemp.
Bioavailability of CBD
The quantity of CBD that circulates in one's circulation, or bioavailability, appears to be dependent on the route of ingestion. Inhalation is used while smoking hemp flower cigarettes, and it's one of the most straightforward ways to boost bioavailability. Cannabinoids enter the body through the lungs before being absorbed into the circulation and circulated throughout the body.
Two methods of consuming CBD were examined in a 2007 research. The volunteers were split into two groups: one smoked CBD and the other consumed CBD gel capsules. Cannabinoids were found in the bloodstream of those who smoked CBD 72 hours after inhalation. CBD was barely detectable six hours after intake in the second group.
Terpenes are the chemicals that give essential oils their characteristic aroma, and you may be familiar with them. Terpenes are plant-based chemicals present in cannabis. Terpenes give each plant its own aroma, flavour, and colour. Myrcene, limonene, linalool, and humulene are the most frequent terpenes identified in cannabis plants. When hemp is processed for tinctures and lotions, terpenes are usually eliminated. The terpenes in hemp are still there if you smoke it.
Tobacco Cigarettes vs. CBD
In a 2013 research of 24 cigarette smokers, 12 were given a CBD inhaler for one week while the other 12 were given a placebo. When the test volunteers felt the need to smoke, they were encouraged to use the inhaler. The number of cigarettes smoked by placebo-treated smokers did not vary during the course of the treatment week. Those who were given CBD, on the other hand, smoked around 40% less than they had previously.